Meaty Black Bean Stew
The healthy ingredients used throughout this recipe make this a not guilty pleasure you can enjoy anytime. It’s an amazing combination of hearty vegetables.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 lb. ground lean beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups kernel corn
- 4 cups cooked black beans
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown the beef, onion, peppers, and garlic together until beef is cooked through and vegetables are is tender.
- Drain the extra fat, return the pot to the heat, and add the tomato sauce, water, and spices. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low.
- Add the corn and half of the beans to the pot, and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the remaining black beans and the tomatoes, purée until smooth, and add to the soup pot.
- Mix the soup well until thoroughly blended, and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, garnishing with chopped cilantro.