Meaty Herb Stuffing
Meat stuffing doesn’t have to be full of fat and sodium to taste great. This hearty recipe uses delicious ground turkey breast, fragrant seasonings, and fresh vegetables to make a delicious side to any holiday feast.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped yellow or white onions
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey breast
- 2 tsp. ground sage
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices of stale whole wheat bread, torn
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine ½ tablespoon olive oil with celery and onions. Sauté for about 3–5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add the ground turkey breast to the skillet and season with 1 teaspoon each sage, rosemary, basil, sea salt, and pepper. Sauté until cooked through and remove from heat. In a large serving dish, toss the meat and vegetable mixture (and all of the juices that remain) with the torn bread pieces.
- Add the remaining olive oil (if needed) and spices to the stuffing, and toss. Serve hot.