Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
These Mediterranean-inspired stuffed sweet potatoes pair tender baked tubers with a refreshing mushroom, veggie and meatless sausage filling.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package Kroger® Recipe Beginnings Riced Cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup Frozen Corn
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup vegetarian sausage, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Poke sweet potatoes with fork all over; arrange on baking sheet. Bake 50-60 minutes, until easily pierced with fork. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Sauté onion until translucent. Add broth, mushrooms, cauliflower, corn, zucchini, tomatoes and sausage. Cook until tender.
- Mix in spinach, salt and pepper. Cook until wilted. Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise; stuff with cauliflower mixture.