Mediterranean Chickpea Bake
This flavorful dish can be enjoyed as a side dish or as a main course.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 2–3 minutes until the onion starts to become translucent; then add tomato, cumin, and paprika. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and chickpeas to the pan. Reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach is wilted and the chickpeas are heated through. Add salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Serve hot.