This is the Italian version of quiche without a crust. Experiment with different types of vegetables and cheeses.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. Idaho potatoes, sliced
- 3 large red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1⁄8 tsp. coarse salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 oz. fontina cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, bell peppers, and onion and spread out in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and black pepper. Roast vegetables 20 to 25 minutes until partially cooked.
- Transfer vegetables to a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, yogurt, milk, and cheese in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in the baking dish. Bake until egg mixture is completely set, approximately 30 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with oregano and serve.