This fresh pasta recipe is like a walk through an Italian garden in the countryside.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium eggplant
- ½ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package (12 oz.) spaghetti, cooked, drained, and rinsed under cold water
- 20 grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced green olives
- 20 fresh basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Juice of 2 medium lemons
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Cut eggplant into chunks and place in a large bowl. Using your hands, toss eggplant with oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, flipping halfway through baking. When done, remove from oven and allow to cool. Eggplant should be soft. Transfer back to large bowl along with cooked pasta.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives, basil, Parmesan, capers, oregano, and lemon juice; serve.