Omelets in the Mediterranean are light and fluffy; they are not made on a grill.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. pancetta, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In medium-size bowl, beat the eggs and egg whites, then whisk in the yogurt. Heat half of the oil to medium temperature in a sauté pan. Quickly sauté the pancetta, then remove and drain on paper towel.
- Heat the remaining oil to medium temperature in a large sauté pan. Pour in the egg mixture, then sprinkle in the pancetta and cheese. Stir once only. Continuously move the pan over the heat, using a spatula to push the edges inward slightly to allow the egg mixture to pour outward and solidify. When the mixture is mostly solidified, use a spatula to fold it in half.
- Finish cooking uncovered in a 350ºF-oven for approximately 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and black pepper and serve.