Mediterranean Pumpkin Soup
In the summer, Mediterranean residents are all about zucchini, but in the winter months, pumpkin gets the spotlight. This comforting soup is perfect for those cold winter nights.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups skinned, seeded, and chopped pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Add the butter to a large pot over medium heat, and let it melt. Add the onions, ginger, and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes or until onions soften.
- Add the stock, pumpkin, and parsley. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and cook for 40 to 45 minutes. Season with the salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, carefully purée the soup until it is smooth.
- Stir in the chives and serve.