Mediterranean Seafood Soup
This quick and easy soup will give you a taste of the Mediterranean.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 bulb fennel, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-natural chicken broth
- 1 cup clam juice
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 littleneck clams, scrubbed and rinsed
- 6 mussels, scrubbed and rinsed
- 8 raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add onion, garlic, and fennel. After 10 minutes, stir in the wine or broth and clam juice and add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Drop clams into the boiling liquid. When clams start to open, add the mussels. When mussels start to open, add the shrimp, basil, and salt and crushed red pepper. Serve when shrimp turns pink.