Mediterranean Seafood Stew
This quick and easy soup will give you a taste of the Mediterranean.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ bulb fennel, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam broth
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 6 littleneck clams, tightly closed
- 6 mussels, tightly closed
- 8 raw shrimp, jumbo, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- In a dutch oven or stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat, and add the onion, garlic, and fennel. After 10 minutes, stir in the wine and clam broth and add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Drop the clams into the boiling liquid. When the clams start to open, add the mussels. When the mussels start to open, add the shrimp, basil, salt, and crushed red pepper. Serve when the shrimp turns pink.