Mediterranean Steak Salad
Marinated sirloin tops a bed of mixed greens with tomatoes, artichokes, feta cheese and olives.
Serves: 4Prep: 6 hoursCook: 12 minutesTotal: 6 hours 12 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄4 pounds Simple Truth™ Natural Angus Beef Top Sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh Simple Truth Organic™ Oregano (or ½ tsp., dried)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Italian Mix
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (8.5 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and place it in a large storage bag.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar, oregano and garlic. Pour half of the dressing over the steak, seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2-6 hours. Reserve remaining dressing.
- Heat the grill to medium heat. Remove the steak from the bag and discard the marinade. Grill the steak for 8-12 minutes, turning until the desired doneness. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into strips.
- Place the mixed greens in a salad bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat. Place the greens on individual plates. Top each serving with steak strips, onion, tomatoes, artichokes, and sprinkle with feta cheese and olives.