Serve this stew, redolent with the flavors of the sunny Mediterranean, with warmed pita bread.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (15½ oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (19 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups canned roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the garlic for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir in the chickpeas, cannellini beans, roasted tomatoes, carrots, stock, Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir for about 20 minutes.