Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
In this recipe, a bell pepper replaces the bowl! A tasty mix of couscous, tuna and other fresh ingredients are stuffed into vibrant bell peppers for a delicious and better-for-you meal the whole family will enjoy.
Serves: 2Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Israeli couscous, cooked
- 1 can (5 oz.) chunk white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large orange bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, combine couscous, tuna, olives, feta, pine nuts and olive oil.
- Spoon equal amounts of stuffing into halved bell peppers.
- In baking dish, place stuffed peppers in ¼ cup water. Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh basil and refrigerate leftovers.