Mediterranean Turkey Burger
This light and fresh turkey burger will transport you to the Mediterranean. The burger is served on tasty pita bread and can be topped with all of your favorite Mediterranean vegetables.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 pita breads, halved and opened or pita flatbreads
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- cucumber, (optional)
- tomato, (optional)
- Kalamata olives, (optional)
- lettuce, (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, oregano, mint, Parmesan and yellow onion. Form into four patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Cook each patty for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Place in a pita and add a smear of hummus. Serve with cucumber, tomato, Kalamata olives and lettuce.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.