Mega-Moist Chocolate Cake
The addition of extra eggs and sour cream give this cake the same spongy spring found in a cake you’d bake from scratch. You can get creative here by adding a little extra cocoa, some chocolate morsels, or almost anything else that strikes your fancy.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tub (16 oz.) chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 round cake pans (8 inches). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and water. Pour into a cake pans. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before turning onto a plate. Frost when entirely cool.