Mega Mushroom Gravy
Gravy is a delicious staple on any holiday table This thick gravy gets the majority of its flavor from sautéed mushrooms.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 Tbsp. oat flour
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the olive oil, mushrooms, garlic powder, pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Sauté the mushrooms until they are soft and tender, about 6–8 minutes.
- Whisk the flour and remaining teaspoon of salt into the almond milk until well blended. Add the almond milk to the mushrooms gradually, ¼ cup at a time, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low.
- Once the sauce begins to thicken, continue to simmer for 1–2 minutes, and remove from heat.