Mermaid Candy Corn Cookies
Treat your guests to these bright and fun mermaid cookies. The colorful treats hidden inside are a cool surprise to bite into.
Serves: 25Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Brach's® Mermaid Fruit Candy Corn, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- Purple, pink, orange and green food gel
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, 2 teaspoons vanilla and cream. Stir until smooth. Add the flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in 1½ cups mermaid candy corn. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Using a 1.5” cookie scoop, form scoops of dough and place on the prepared baking sheet. Carefully push candy pieces toward center of the cookie dough.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until cookies start to brown on the edges. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk, corn syrup and ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract. Divide icing into four bowls and add one color of food gel to each bowl. Place icing into piping bags or bottles.
- Decorate cookies with the colored icing and top with remaining mermaid candy corn. Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container.