Mesquite-Smoked Chicken and Peppers Pizza
If you’re handy with a smoker, by all means make your own smoked chicken in advance of making pizza. Otherwise, buy prepared smoked chicken or substitute grilled chicken.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ½ lb. sliced mozzarella cheese
- ½ lb. sliced provolone cheese
- 2 cups diced mesquite-smoked chicken
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 pizza pans with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Roll or press pizza dough into two 12" circles, slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- Brush the dough with half the remaining olive oil, then spread half the pizza sauce. Cover the sauce with half the slices of mozzarella and half the slices of provolone. Top with 1 cup diced smoked chicken and half the pepper strips. Sprinkle with half the Asiago cheese.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie.