Spice up taco night with something unique! This casserole combines your favorite taco ingredients and flavors, plus tater tots!
Serves: 6Prep: 5 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup Kroger Brand Shredded Mexican Style Blend Cheese
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- Taco toppings, such as: shredded lettuce, sour cream, salsa and jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In 12” oven-proof skillet or cast-iron pan, brown ground beef, onions and pepper until beef is cooked through. Add beans, taco seasoning and water. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until liquid is reduced.
- Spread meat mixture into an even layer. Top with cheese and an even layer of tater tots.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until tots are golden on top.
- Serve topped with your favorite taco toppings.