Mexicali Shrimp on the Grill
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, but with tails left on
- Combine oil, vinegar, jalapeños, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper in a large glass or ceramic pan. Whisk together.
- Add shrimp and toss lightly, coating on all sides. Cover pan with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. Marinate shrimp for about 3 hours, stirring on occasion.
- Preheat grill.
- Place shrimp in a vegetable basket and place on grill. Turn frequently to cook thoroughly, about 5 minutes.