Mexican Brunch Tortillas
These tortillas aren't just for brunch…they also make an easy, casual supper!
Serves: 3Prep: 10 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Morningstar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 (8") flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 1⁄2 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Cook patties according to package directions. Cut in half.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with whisk until combined. Whisk in milk, pepper and salt.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until sizzling. Pour in egg mixture. Cook until mixture begins to set around edge. Gently scrape spatula across skillet bottom, allowing uncooked portions to flow underneath. Continue until cooked through, but still shiny.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon eggs onto half of each tortilla. Top with patty pieces. Sprinkle with cheese. Loosely fold tortillas over cheese. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, toss avocado with lemon juice. Cut filled tortillas in half; place on serving plates. Top with avocado and salsa.