Mexican Chicken and Rice Wraps
These lunch wraps are perfect for delicious make-ahead meals. They’re easy to freeze and take to work….just thaw, heat and enjoy for lunch!
Serves: 10Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- 1 pound Heritage Farm™ Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Kroger® Salsa
- 1 packet Kroger® Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup P$$T…™ Rice, uncooked
- 1 can P$$T…™ Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon P$$T…™ Crushed Red Pepper
- 10 P$$T…™ Tortillas
- 1 cup P$$T…™ Cheddar Melt Topping, shredded
- In a pan, cook chicken in oil until lightly browned.
- Cut cooked chicken into thin strips, about ¼” each.
- Add 2 cups water to chicken along with salsa, crushed red pepper and taco seasoning.
- Heat to a boil, stir in rice and corn, and cover.
- Cook on low heat until rice is cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the tortillas, top with cheese and roll up.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap, place in a freezer bag and freeze. Reheat as needed in the microwave for a yummy lunch or snack at work!