Mexican Chili Pie
Craving a little something spicy for supper? This dish combines sweet cornbread, spicy chili, and creamy cheese in one simple casserole.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) McCormick Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 1⁄2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (5 oz.) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 small box (9 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (9 oz.) cornbread mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Combine chili seasoning mix, ground meat, tomatoes, and beans and cook according to directions on envelope. While chili simmers, mix cake mix, cornbread mix, eggs, milk, and water in a separate bowl.
- Pour chili into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with cornbread mixture and sprinkle liberally with Cheddar cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden.