Mexican Chocolate Fondue with Kahlua and Strawberries
For a different flavor, try substituting half the semisweet chocolate with unsweetened chocolate and adding honey to taste.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Kahlua
- Wash and drain the strawberries on paper towels. Remove the hulls. Break the chocolate into pieces.
- Combine the chocolate, half-and-half, and evaporated milk in a metal bowl and place on top of a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Melt the mixture on low to medium-low heat, making sure that it doesn’t boil.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves. Stir in the Kahlua.
- Transfer the fondue mixture to the fondue pot and set on the burner. Keep the fondue warm on low heat. Serve with the strawberries for dipping.