Serve as a salad with barbecued pork ribs.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. white granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. celery seeds
- 1 large cabbage
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced pimientos
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives
- In a small container with a cover, combine the salad oil, cider vinegar, white sugar, salt, paprika, dried mustard, and celery seed. Cover and shake until well mixed.
- Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage and discard. Shred the remaining cabbage into pieces about the size of wooden matchsticks. Remove the seeds and stem from the bell peppers and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces. Peel the onion and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces. Dice the pimientos if necessary. Cut the black olives into 1⁄4-inch rounds.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, bell peppers, onion, pimientos, and black olives; toss gently until well mixed.
- Pour the dressing on top and toss gently until well covered.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.