Mexican Egg Brunch
Expecting company? This easy recipe requires only one bowl and one casserole dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups whole corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch glass casserole dish.
- Spread tortilla chips in casserole dish. Add half of cheese.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs and egg whites until fluffy. Pour eggs into casserole dish. Sprinkle on remaining cheese. Add red peppers and jalapeños.
- Bake 15 minutes or until eggs look cooked around edges of casserole dish.
- Top with tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro.