Mexican Grilled Baked Bean Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers, a quintessential summer dish, rise to a new level when you put them on the grill. The smoky flavor the peppers get from the grill goes great with stuffing made from Mexican-seasoned beans, corn and cilantro.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernels
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) Bush’s® Best Original Baked Beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup Mexican seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Heat grill for indirect heat. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and veins.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until almost tender, stirring frequently. Add corn and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until tender.
- Place onion mixture in medium bowl; stir in beans, cilantro and seasoning mix. Spoon into bell pepper halves.
- Grill peppers, covered, over indirect medium heat or coals 20 minutes. Top with cheese; grill an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted, peppers are tender and filling is hot. Refrigerate leftovers.