Although this dish goes together quickly enough for a weeknight meal, you can also make the lasagna ahead of time and keep it covered in the refrigerator. This will require you to increase the baking time by 20–30 minutes.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 14 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ lbs. lean ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- 1 can (19 oz.) kidney beans
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free taco seasoning
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 15 corn tortillas (4")
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Grease a 9" × 13" baking pan, and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until nearly cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, red pepper, and corn. Fry for 5–7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is transparent and the corn is defrosted.
- Stir in kidney beans, taco seasoning, and salsa. Cook 8 minutes more, then remove from heat. Stir in the sour cream and set aside.
- Cut 9 of the corn tortillas in half. Line the bottom of the baking pan with 5 corn tortillas (6 halves and 2 whole), with the straight side of the halves facing the outside.
- Top with half of the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle on half of the cheese followed by another layer of corn tortillas. Spread the remaining ground beef mixture over the lasagna. Top with the third layer of corn tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.