Mexican Marshmallow Chocolate
Creamy, rich and slightly spicy, this delicious hot chocolate is the best drink to warm you up this season.
Serves: 3Prep: 5 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon crushed cinnamon sticks
- 6 ounces Nestlé® Abuelita® Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink Tablets, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chile de árbol
- 12 medium marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine whole milk and crushed cinnamon sticks. Simmer over low-medium heat for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally to ensure milk doesn’t boil. Continue to let simmer for 5 more minutes, until the cinnamon is fragrant.
- Whisk in chocolate, sugar, vanilla, salt, almond extract and chile de árbol. Cook 8 minutes, whisking frequently until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is melted.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine powdered sugar, ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Roll marshmallows in powder mixture.
- Divide hot chocolate into mugs and garnish with prepared marshmallows.