Take your taste buds on a flavorful journey with a spiced up version of meatloaf!
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 16 large pitted olives, sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Finely Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
- 2 cups Private Selection™ Ranchera Mild Salsa, divided
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 3 corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, eggs, olives, cumin, chili powder, salt and 1 heaping cup of the shredded cheese.
- Add 1 cup of the salsa to the mixing bowl along with the bread crumbs. Mix well to combine.
- Press the meat mixture into a 9” round deep-dish pie plate, cake pan or casserole. Spread ½ cup of the remaining salsa evenly over the top of the meat.
- Slice the tortillas into thin ribbons. Cut the ribbons in half and scatter them evenly over the meat.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese on top.
- Bake until the meat has pulled away from the edges of the pie plate and the tortilla shreds are nicely browned and crisp on top, 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Place a small pile of shredded lettuce on eight plates. Slice the meatloaf into pie-shaped wedges. Arrange the meatloaf slices on the lettuce and top each with a spoonful of the reserved salsa and a small spoonful of sour cream.