Even with smart substitutions, this salsa-infused rice dish rivals any restaurant’s version of a classic Mexican staple.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Oil
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Long Grain Brown Rice
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Mild Salsa
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Fat Free Vegetable Broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, cook onion, stirring occasionally, until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until rice turns from transparent to milky white, between 3 and 5 minutes. Add salsa, broth and salt.
- Bring to a boil and stir; then reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes or until excess liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add more broth by ¼ cup increments, if necessary.