Mexican Scrambled Eggs
With the addition of salsa, black beans and cilantro, this recipe turns simple scrambled eggs into a filling and zesty breakfast fiesta that will carry you through the morning.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Mild Salsa
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Black Beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Simple Truth Organic™ Cilantro, chopped and divided
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 8 tostada shells
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the salsa, beans and half of the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk the eggs and the remaining cilantro with the water in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Add the cream cheese pieces and cook the eggs until they are creamy and softly set, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the tostada shells directly on the oven rack for about 5 minutes or until warm.
- Spoon the eggs onto the tostada shells; top with the salsa mixture and shredded cheese.