For a fast meal, “doctor” some tequila with orange and lime juice, garlic, and cilantro. Sour oranges are available at Latin markets.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. (24 extra-large or jumbo) shrimp, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- 3 oz. sour orange juice
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
- 2 oz. tequila
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers. Mix together the rest of the ingredients and brush on the shrimp.
- Set grill to high. Depending on the size of the shrimp, grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or just until the shrimp turn pink.