Meyer Lemon Quinoa Skillet
Meyer lemons are in season during winter and have a sweeter flavor than regular lemons. In this recipe, they add plenty of fresh flavor to a quick and easy vegetarian meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 packages (10 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ White Quinoa with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 Meyer lemons, zested and juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion and garlic 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Stir in beans, artichokes, quinoa and water. Cook 4 to 6 minutes until hot.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve topped with feta cheese and lemon zest.