For a thicker soup, increase the amount of canned beets to 1
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups gluten-free beef broth
- 1 cup canned beets, chopped
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Combine the butter and the onion in a microwave-safe casserole dish. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for another 1–2 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add the water, beef broth, beets, sugar, and lemon juice. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir and microwave for another 2–3 minutes. Serve hot or cold.