Microwave Cheese Fondue
Be sure to stir the cheese frequently during the second half of cooking to keep it from curdling. For a nonalcoholic fondue, substitute 1 cup of apple juice for the white wine.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. paprika
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into thick chunks
- Rub the garlic clove over the insides of a 2-quart casserole dish that is .
- Combine the cheese, cornstarch, nutmeg, and paprika in a microwave-safe dish. Stir in the white wine and lemon juice.
- Microwave the fondue on high heat for 3 minutes. Open the door and stir the fondue. Continue microwaving the cheese fondue for 1 minutes at a time, stirring each time, until the cheese is completely melted (total cooking time is about 5 minutes).
- Serve the fondue in the casserole dish, with the bread for dipping.