Microwave Chocolate Fondue
The trick to preparing microwave chocolate fondue is to stir frequently and be careful not to overcook the chocolate.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. strawberries
- 7 oz. dark chocolate pieces
- 6 Tbsp. light cream or half-and-half
- Wash the strawberries and remove the hulls (the green leaves and “core” on top). Dry with paper towels.
- Place the chocolate and the cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate and cream on high heat for 1 minute. Stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir, and cook for 2 more minutes in 15-second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate fondue into a ceramic dessert fondue pot with a candle as the heat source. Serve with the strawberries for dipping. (Use a dipping fork to spear the strawberries and dip them in the chocolate.)