Sweetened condensed milk gives a rich, caramel-like flavor to this easy fudge recipe. The recipe calls for butter, but you can, of course, use butter if desired.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking pan.
- Combine the chocolate chips, butter, condensed milk, and vanilla extract in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave on high heat for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave for 1 minutes. Stir and microwave for another minutes. Continue microwaving for short periods as needed, stirring each time, until the chocolate is thoroughly melted. (Take care not to burn the chocolate.)
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Stir in the walnuts. Cover and refrigerate or freeze until set.