Microwave Garden Vegetable Lasagna
Long, thin strips of zucchini are used in place of lasagna noodles for this dish. To make a vegan version, use crumbled, firm tofu in place of cottage cheese and shredded, soy mozzarella in place of regular mozzarella.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1¼ cups cottage cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 2 zucchini, sliced in long, thin strips
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir together the crushed tomatoes and the cottage cheese. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, basil, oregano, and pepper.
- Lay out one of the zucchini in a deep-sided casserole dish that is microwave-safe. Add half of the spinach.
- Spoon about half of the cheese and tomato mixture over the spinach. Repeat with the remainder of the zucchini, spinach, and cheese and tomato mixture.
- Cover the dish with microwave-safe wax paper. Microwave on high heat for 3 minutes. Give the dish a quarter turn and microwave for 2 minutes at a time until the cheese is cooked (total cooking time should be 7 to 9 minutes).
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top. Let stand for at least 5 minutes before serving.