Microwave Popcorn with Cinnamon and Malt
This recipe was created by America’s Test Kitchen Kids. All you need for this simple microwave popcorn (made all yourself!) is a brown paper bag. Safety Considerations: This recipe uses uses the microwave
Serves: 4Prep: 9 minutesCook: 6 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon malted milk powder
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place popcorn kernels in clean brown paper lunch bag. Drizzle kernels with oil. Fold over top of bag three times to seal (do not tape or staple).
- Shake bag to coat kernels with oil, place bag on its side on large microwave-safe plate, and shake kernels into even layer in bag.
- Place plate in microwave and cook until popping slows down to one or two pops at a time, 3 to 5 minutes. Use oven mitts to remove plate from microwave (plate will be very hot, ask an adult to help). Set aside to cool slightly. Microwaves vary in strength so rather than watching the clock, listen for the popping sounds: when they slow down, the popcorn is ready
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl (big enough to hold popcorn), cover, and heat in microwave at 50 percent power until melted, 30 to 60 seconds. Use oven mitts to remove bowl from microwave.