Microwave Shrimp Scampi
This dish can be multiplied to serve more people. You must proportionally increase the microwave cooking time; for example, if you double the shrimp, double the cooking time.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 lemons
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ lbs. medium raw shrimp, cleaned
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. garlic pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- Combine the rice and chicken broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover pan, lower heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, zest and juice the lemons. Combine the zest, juice, and butter in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with garlic powder, garlic pepper, and garlic salt and add to butter mixture; toss to coat shrimp. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Uncover dish, stir shrimp, cover, and microwave on high for 1–3 minutes longer or until shrimp curl and turn pink.
- Let shrimp stand, covered, for 2–3 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Serve shrimp and sauce over rice.