Microwave Turkey Pasta Casserole
It takes just two bowls and a microwave to make this delicious pasta meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups cooked ziti
- Place turkey in a large microwave-safe bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring and breaking up meat occasionally. Uncover and stir in the brown sugar, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, and bell pepper. Cover and microwave for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another large microwave-safe bowl, heat the cooked pasta in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve immediately.