Middle Eastern Eggplant Salad
Serve warm as a side dish, cold alongside mixed greens, or as a dip with toasted pita triangles.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 eggplants (1 lb.), peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- Lightly spray interior of a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except the black olives in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours or until eggplant is very tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and chill if serving cold. Just before serving, garnish with the sliced black olives.