Mild Bagna Cauda
In this regional variation, the anchovies are rinsed, reducing the salty taste. For a lighter version, leave out the cream.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 fennel, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut into sticks
- 1 carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into sticks
- 4 oz. anchovies, drained and separated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. light cream
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan over low heat. Add the garlic. Cook over very low heat for 10 minutes, and then add the anchovies. Continue to cook on low heat, gently mashing the anchovies and mixing together with the garlic. Add the cream.
- Transfer the Bagna Cauda to a fondue pot and set on the burner. Serve with the vegetables for dipping, or with your own favorite combination of mixed vegetables.