Mild Curry Sauce
This recipe lets you enjoy the flavor of curry without the burning heat found in hotter sauces.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ cup plus 4 tsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. mild curry powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Slowly cook the red onion, garlic, and ginger with the butter until the onion is tender. Stir in the flour. Add the coconut and the curry powder.
- Add the chicken broth and salt. Turn up the heat to medium, and stir until the sauce comes to a boil and thickens, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce into a blender and add the mayonnaise. Blend on high until smooth and thick. Serve warm.