Thicken watery millet with arrowroot or flour. Celery and arame can also be included. Serve with grated raw daikon.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 9 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup millet
- 3 cups spring water
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ½ bunch scallions, minced
- ½ bunch parsley, minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp. shoyu
- ¼ cup safflower oil
- In a saucepan, dry roast millet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Add water and soak millet overnight.
- Bring to boil, lower heat, and simmer, covered, 30 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Grind pumpkin seeds in suribachi or food processor. Add seeds, scallions, parsley, and carrot to millet. Mix ingredients and season with shoyu.
- Form millet into croquettes. Heat oil in skillet and pan fry croquettes until browned on each side.