Serve this classic Italian vegetable and pasta soup with Parmesan cheese, and crusty bread.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped, peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup halved button mushrooms
- ½ cup cut green beans
- ½ cup broken spaghetti
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Sauté the onions, carrots, and celery in the olive oil over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add garlic, spinach, and cabbage, and cook until greens are wilted. Add chicken broth, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, and green beans. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the spaghetti and simmer 15 minutes more. Season soup with salt and pepper.