Minestrone is a classic Italian vegetable soup. The zucchini and cabbage are added at the end for a burst of fresh flavor.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 9 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cans (16 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. minced basil
- 2 Tbsp. minced oregano
- 3 Tbsp. minced Italian parsley, divided
- 1½ cups shredded cabbage
- ¾ cup diced zucchini
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. small cooked pasta
- Add the garlic, diced and crushed tomatoes, celery, onions, carrots, stock, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and 2 tablespoons parsley to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Add cabbage and zucchini and increase heat to high. Cook for 1 hour. Stir in salt, pepper, and pasta and sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving.