Mini Apple Cider Baked Donuts
Fresh apple cider is reduced down to enhance the flavor of these easy-to-make donuts. Coming together quickly, they’re a simple treat the whole family will love.
Serves: 48Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened and divided
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare mini donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, add apple cider; reduce down to about ½ cup. Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream together 10 tablespoons butter, ¼ cup sugar and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture. Mix on low speed until incorporated. While mixer is on low speed, slowly add reduced apple cider. Mix until smooth.
- Divide batter into prepared donut pan. Fill each about ⅔ way full. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until toothpick inserted in thickest portion comes out clean. Repeat with remaining dough to make about 48 donuts.
- In shallow bowl, whisk together ½ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter; brush over donuts and coat in cinnamon-sugar mixture.