Mini Baked Eggplant Pizza Bites
These baked pizza bites can be very addicting! And because they are baked, not fried, less oil is required, which cuts down on fat, making them a healthier appetizer option.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut top and bottom ends off eggplants, then cut into circle slices. Place in a colander and toss with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Rinse with water.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil to cover the tops of each circle. Bake 12 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from oven and spoon marinara sauce onto the center of each square, leaving edges of eggplant uncovered. Sprinkle mozzarella and basil on top of squares. Bake 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.